- The property known as LAS MOULINIERES (“the property”) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by MRS A
HUMPHREYS (“the owner”) to the renter (“the client”)
- To reserve the property, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with the payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25%of the total rent due) following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rental together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the
start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing
that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to re-
let the property. In this event clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the
start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. telephone calls) should be settled locally with the Owners
representative before departure.
- A security deposit of £150.00 for every booking of the rental period is required in case of, for example damage to the
property or its contents. However the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client’s liability to the owner. The
Owner will account to the client for the security and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able
to re-let the property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The
Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to
have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner’s
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The Owner shall not be
obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation
after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 6 unless the Owner has given written permission.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy
condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is not included in our prices, the Owner reserves the right
to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an
unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in
- The Client shall report to the Owners agent without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment,
plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool and arrangements for repair and/or replacement
will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the client:
- For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any
equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the property garden or swimming pool.
- For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters
beyond the control of the Owner.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or
substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven
days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
Please note that these booking conditions will be included on our confirmation invoice / statement.